need help to Finish my first Rig of 8 GPU titan x? (perhaps somthing is missing?)
Rainbow 
hey ya all,

after abit of research  thats what i come with  ofc i would like to have some opinion about the rig and ofc correct me about it.

Quote:Component     Quantity    Description
Case & MOBO   1           TYAN FT77CB7079 (B7079F77CV10HR-2T (BTO)) (EOL) from http://www.tyan.com/datasheets/DataSheet...-B7079.pdf
so x2 RPSU of 1600W plat + 1 redundancy (that come with the tyan)   
CPU           2               xeon e5-2660 v3
Memory        128 GB ECC DDR4 
GPU           8  Titan x from evga (the refference one)
SSD           2 850 pro 500gb (for a raid 1 incase anything fail in the future)
HDD 4TB/1TB (WD red enterprise (or segeat)  i know its not needed but incase i want some pre wordlist i can store it there
CPU Cooler   2 Noctua i4 NH-U9DXi4.

because their is 96 GB of vram from the gpus i decide to go for 128GB of ram mabe its over kill but i am ok with this.

incase i decide to go for the 980 gtx , i will reduce the ram and the PSU since its not needed, from what i saw the titan x need 250W and the gtx 980 165 W,

update :1

i will explain why i choose what i choose.

MOBO PSU CHASSIS:
i was looking for a mobo that has at least 8 pcie slots with some space between them
and that support 2 CPUS

i searched abit and i came to a conclusion that its coming all togther chassis psu mobo so why not..

PSU:
since it come with enought power (3.2Kw) and it come automaticly with the tyan i didnt had the choise to change it.

CHASSIS:
i search for a R, 4u with enough space for air flow.

GPU:
decided to go for the best of the best in the market right now. (titan x, or gtx 980/TI all reference like evga or zotac or gigabyte)

RAM:
128gb because they are lots of vram from the cards.

HDD/SSD:
raid 1 for ssd incase of failuer
raid 1 for HDD (1-4TB) to hold some wordlist if needed

CPU:
since 1 xeon support up to 40 pci lanes i decided to go for 2 to be capable of supporting 8x8 (64)

CPU COOLING:
i dont know yet if thats a final decision but i think i will go for 2 Noctua i4 NH-U9DXi4

i might be wrong or missing somthing would be great if u guys could tell me what and why

best regards

Messages In This Thread
need help to Finish my first Rig of 8 GPU titan x? (perhaps somthing is missing?) - by pay - 02-10-2016, 06:16 PM