Cli + Rule odd behave
(04-01-2016, 11:29 AM)epixoip Wrote: I think the problem here is you do not realize what --stdout means. --stdout means print every single candidate that is generated to --stdout, e.g. for piping into another cracking application. You would never use --stdout when actually cracking hashes, because, well, this is precisely what would happen. It's trying to write each and every candidate to stdout while also simultaneously writing cracked hashes to stdout, so everything becomes a jumbled mess.

Read the documentation and understand what switches do before making them part of your command line.

Thanks for your answer, i was reading the wiki page just before asking, here but it is not clear --stdout "stdout mode". As you mentioned before every candidate is printed out, this mean that internally hashcat is using my rule + password list or the hashlist (the hash to crack) as a password candidate.

This is a laboratory that I'm using to learn more about hashcat, I'm going to do what you told me to check the result and feedback

thanks for your kindly support

Messages In This Thread
Cli + Rule odd behave - by AndoBorracho - 04-01-2016, 09:27 AM
RE: Cli + Rule odd behave - by epixoip - 04-01-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Cli + Rule odd behave - by AndoBorracho - 04-01-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: Cli + Rule odd behave - by epixoip - 04-01-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: Cli + Rule odd behave - by AndoBorracho - 04-02-2016, 12:50 AM
RE: Cli + Rule odd behave - by epixoip - 04-02-2016, 03:37 AM