Issues with using charset masks
Hi all, I'm having issues with Hashcat masks. Basically i'm running a WPA Virgin media keyspace using masks as they use lower case minus i & o and to run the 1st letter and then the other 7 spaces is another mask. The masks I set up are as follows - 1 abcdefghjklmnpqrstuvwxyz and the second mask is -2 and 1 of those individual letters from the 1st mask and use ?2?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 in the hashcat command. That in itself works fine to do 1 letter at a time but if I set it to do 2 or 3 letters at a time it doesn't work and sticks at only doing 4586471424 combinations instead of double or even triple! I've even set a timer for when the timer says and come back and it doesn't pick up the 2nd or even 3rd letter in line and stops so I have to set it manually letter by letter each time it runs out so if I wanted to go out for the day I can't leave it running reliably!
The following 2 pictures should explain what I mean and also give you the hashcat command i'm giving so any pointers to what i'm doing wrong would be appreciated. It used to work on the older versions of Hashcat i'm sure but since changing to Nvidia instead of AMD now things may be slightly different. 

[Image: 2f08750.jpg]

[Image: 2dlp6vq.jpg]

If you need any more info just let me know. Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Issues with using charset masks - by h4x0rm1k3 - 06-08-2016, 11:18 PM
RE: Issues with using charset masks - by Pixel - 06-09-2016, 12:18 AM