Failed to use the --username switch in Hashcat 3.20 on OS X
Smile 
Hello,

First of all, I would like to say thanks to atom and to all those who contributed to coding such a great program. 
I started to use it a few days ago with pretty good success, but of course I am still a newbie.

Back to topic, I managed to install Hashcat 3.20 on OS X 10.10.5 by the following the guidelines in BUILD.md file.

Everything works fine cracking normal hashes with no usernames. But whenever I try to load a hash file with usernames in it and use the --username switch, hashcat always throws an error like this (no matter the username length or the separator):

Code:
./hashcat -a 0 -m 3200 --session=all --username -p : potfile-disable -o xxx/xxx_plains.txt --outfile-format=2 -w 2 xxx/xxx_pfile.txt dictionaries/big001.txt
hashcat (v3.10-814-g9402610) starting...

OpenCL Platform #1: Apple
=========================
* Device #1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4278U CPU @ 2.60GHz, skipped
* Device #2: Iris, 384/1536 MB allocatable, 40MCU

Hash '—-username': Line-length exception
No hashes loaded

At the opposite, the same command gives no problem in Hashcat 3.10 installed on my VM with Windows 7.

So I tried to revert back to version 3.10 on OS X also: I downloaded the source code from main hashcat page and tried to compile it the same way I did for ver. 3.20 (i.e. downloading latest Open-CL from GitHub Repository, then 'make' command etc.). Here is the output after make command on Hashcat 3.10:

Code:
/bin/sh: gsed: command not found
gcc -D_POSIX -pipe -W -Wall -std=c99 -Iinclude/ -IOpenCL/ -Ideps/OpenCL-Headers/ -O2 -c -o obj/ext_OpenCL.NATIVE.o src/ext_OpenCL.c
gcc -D_POSIX -pipe -W -Wall -std=c99 -Iinclude/ -IOpenCL/ -Ideps/OpenCL-Headers/ -O2 -c -o obj/shared.NATIVE.o src/shared.c
gcc -D_POSIX -pipe -W -Wall -std=c99 -Iinclude/ -IOpenCL/ -Ideps/OpenCL-Headers/ -O2 -c -o obj/rp_kernel_on_cpu.NATIVE.o src/rp_kernel_on_cpu.c
gcc -D_POSIX -pipe -W -Wall -std=c99 -Iinclude/ -IOpenCL/ -Ideps/OpenCL-Headers/ -O2    -o hashcat src/hashcat.c obj/ext_OpenCL.NATIVE.o obj/shared.NATIVE.o obj/rp_kernel_on_cpu.NATIVE.o -lpthread  -DCOMPTIME=1480244563 -DVERSION_TAG=\"\" -DINSTALL_FOLDER=\"/usr/local/bin\" -DSHARED_FOLDER=\"/usr/local/share/hashcat\" -DDOCUMENT_FOLDER=\"/usr/local/share/doc/hashcat\"
src/hashcat.c:14371:9: warning: unused variable 'need_xnvctrl'
     [-Wunused-variable]
   int need_xnvctrl = 0;
       ^
src/hashcat.c:14369:9: warning: unused variable 'need_nvapi' [-Wunused-variable]
   int need_nvapi   = 0;
       ^
2 warnings generated.

After this, however, no hashcat command except for --help is recognized and I always see this error on any command:
Code:
ERROR: (null): No such file or directory

So in conclusions, my questions are:
  1. Does the 'username switch' error arise in ver. 3.20 (on OS X), because this version is still beta? Hashcat 3.10 gives no such error on Win 7.
  2. If yes, then how can I correctly compile Hashcat 3.10 on OS X? I followed the procedure in BUILD.md file but no success.
Thanks to everybody in advance!
P.S.: I see you're all high-technicality people here, please use simple words with me. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Failed to use the --username switch in Hashcat 3.20 on OS X - by Francisko - 11-27-2016, 02:18 PM