Desperate Pleb bidding for help
Hey guys, I'm sure you get posts like this a lot, but I'm incredibly desperate and don't know where else to turn. I won't break the rules by asking anyone to crack my hash, but I am more than willing to amply compensate bitcoin to anyone willing to take time out of their day to walk me through this problem I've been working on for the last 3 days.   

Here's the problem:

I'm locked out of an old veracrypt container. I don't remember exactly which ciphers I used, but I was pretty paranoid at the time and feel like I may have used the cascading thing.

The password is like 16-27 characters long, BUT I know like 90% of it. Or at least enough of it to make bruteforcing the remainder feasible.

Here's what I know:

The meat of the password is something like "KTKTKT07xx$$" Where I know 'KT' is repeated 3 times, I know 07 is in there at least once, but maybe also appears again before the 'KT' I am fairly certain 'x' and '$' are in there too, but I don't remember how often, though I know not more than 4 times in a row but there could be variations like: "x07xKTxKTxKTx07x$$" or "KTKTKT07xxx$" or even possibly "x07xKTx$KTx$KTx$07x  

Does this make sense?

Anyway, to compound these possibilities, I also know that on either side of this password is '?Word?' and '?WORD?'
Its the same word on either side, but I don't know which side is all caps.  I also know that '?' is either a '3' or a '#' or else nothing, but which ever side has the '3' the other side has the '#'. I don't think I'm explaining this clearly, But there are only 16 possibilities here:

3WordPasswordWORD#
3WordPassword#WORD
3WORDPasswordWord#
3WORDPassword#Word
WORD3Password#Word  
WORD3PassswordWord#
Word3PasswordWORD#
Word3Password#WORD
#WordPasswordWORD3
#WordPassword3WORD
#WORDPasswordWord3
#WORDPassword3Word
WORD#PasswordWord3
WORD#Password3Word
Word#Password3WORD
Word#PasswordWORD3

That's it.  dammit now the word 'word' looks weird to me.

There's a very small possibility that the main password has '123' instead of xxx or even ABC or !@# but if it was it would be sequential and no longer than 3 chars (!@# is just 123 holding shift on my keyboard)  

Anyway, I'm completely lost as to how to feed hashcat the right veracrypt hash, let alone create the right rules.  I've made up a list, after racking my brain, of all the possible main password combinations I might have used so I was thinking I could start by using that as a wordlist in combination with a mask.  But dammit I'm overwhelmed and stressing out just crazy desperate, its hard to think straight about  things, let alone learn how to use sophisticated hacking programs

If anyone can help me, or can point me to someone who can help, I'd be so grateful

Messages In This Thread
Desperate Pleb bidding for help - by desperatenoob - 01-06-2017, 02:33 AM
RE: Desperate Pleb bidding for help - by duhblow7 - 01-07-2017, 12:08 AM
RE: Desperate Pleb bidding for help - by miccee - 01-08-2017, 07:54 AM
RE: Desperate Pleb bidding for help - by miccee - 01-08-2017, 08:59 PM