Quick help with the APP SDK 2.4?
(11-22-2011, 11:24 PM)atom Wrote: to run oclHashcat, you dont need to build the sample files. most important is:

a) setup ld_library_path and verify by doing "ldd oclHashcat64.bin" or whatever oclHashcat version you are using. all libraries should be found
b) copy the icd registration files to /etc
c) login to X11 with the same user which is running oclHashcat

however, this is not amd app sdk support forum. if you have questions about ask on their forum. make sure you have read AMD_APP_SDK_Installation_Notes.pdf in docs folder of SDK. it contains all the info you need.

Thank you for the help. Sorry for posting my troubles here, I am just having such a hard time getting it working correctly. I downloaded straight from AMD's archives and there is no installation notes pdf anywhere (only 'getting started' and 'faq').

The library libOpenCL.so.1 was not found when I did ldd, so I tried setting my library path again but still couldnt find it. I ended up copying the libOpenCL.so.1 file and putting it into the /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu folder. Now it finds all of the libraries but when I run an example I get 'ERROR: clGetPlatformIDs() -1001'

I can try posting on amd forums, thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Quick help with the APP SDK 2.4? - by laxstor - 11-22-2011, 10:37 PM
RE: Quick help with the APP SDK 2.4? - by atom - 11-22-2011, 11:24 PM
RE: Quick help with the APP SDK 2.4? - by laxstor - 11-23-2011, 12:37 AM