Checkpoint not working in latest version or me being a noob?
Hey everyone,

I'm running the latest development version of Hashcat (previously was running 3.5). One thing I've noticed is I can request checkpoint quit and hashcat just happily keeps going until it's finished or until I force a quit - for example over a time span of 16 hours, requesting a checking point quit at around 10 hour mark, it'll keep going for the last 6...

Recently I threw a huge wordlist at it to the point it would take 4+ days to complete, 12 hours into the sessions I requested a checkpoint quit... 12 more hours later and it still didn't hit a restore point. Restore point sat at 0% the whole time.

Am I missing something obvious here? It always worked for me in the past - at most taking 30 minutes to hit a checkpoint... Only difference was I was using an older GTX 960, now I'm using dual GTX 1080 Ti's and latest development version. If anything I would've thought I'd hit the restore points quicker Sad

P.S.

Using WPA/WPA2 mode with anywhere from 5000 to 30,000 rules.

Messages In This Thread
Checkpoint not working in latest version or me being a noob? - by Blobbo - 07-25-2017, 02:07 PM