Need help with iTunes password (Lots of help)
(08-29-2017, 12:02 PM)TofuBoy22 Wrote: iTunes backups are very slow to brute force, especially 10.0 and onwards. Apart from throwing more graphics cards to help speed things up, the only real option is working smart and cutting down the keyspace.

If you need this for court, I'm assuming that this is for some investigation on an individual or something. You should have a lot of intel on what kind of passwords this person uses, what likely combinations he has etc etc. People might use the same password for their computer login as well as their iTunes backups. This knowledge helps a lot at targeting the password

I might have misled you, it is my itunes that i need to get into, so i can retrieve my imessage/s from my phone.  I have tried all known passwords.  All i can assume is the ex-wife had made some password i am unaware of, which is why i cant access my own itunes to back up any of my devices now.
I did not mean to "hack" into someones manifest file, it is my own file that i need to get into.
I found that hashcat can decrypt the itunes password via the manifest.plist but i dont know how to use hascat, or adding scripts into it and so forth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help with iTunes password (Lots of help) - by Skitzo73 - 08-29-2017, 12:11 PM