Upgrade graphic card on PC, what to buy ?
I found in my town a man that selling a used Sapphire Vapor-X R9 270X OC 2gb, with following comment :

''When cleaning the card, hoover pull harder left fan, and from then it is turning a little bit asymmetrically.
Right after that, the graphic card is start to crashing under heavy load, more precisely when I start and play some demanding video games. In normal work it is without any problem and when is fully loaded it crashing system.
I don't know is the temperature problem because of left fan that I pull harder when cleaning a card or something else, I don't have time and knowledge to fool around with that so it is on sell. Outside is like new.''

So I contact him and ask can he run some GPU-z full load test on it or something else that we can see what can be problem ( I suppose if it is working in normal conditions of load without problem that problem is temperature on CPU, VRAM or VRM when is on full load and that's why problems arise ), he told me that card is 6 months outside the computer case, and that he can give me card on test.

So we agree that I come to his place tomorrow to take card on test. Considering that he agreed on this, he is tell the truth, that he is a fraud he would not give me a card on test.
This can be a fine shopping below the price if the card was turn out to be OK.

I plan to give to it full load test on GPU-Z and run some GTA V that I will download tonight to see how it will behave.
If  you have some suggestions plase give them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade graphic card on PC, what to buy ? - by Vidramon - 09-19-2017, 12:04 AM