Benchmarks for hashcat v4.00 on AMD and NVIDIA cards
Nikos, you were already banned once, why are you returning to spout the same AMD fanboy nonsense that got you banned in the first place?

(11-07-2017, 05:41 PM)cpu_pirate Wrote: when I first got my 2 vega 64's I posted a benchmark that looked really good, just like the one atom posted, however, in practice the card was actually about 40% slower than the benchmark speed.

I have stated this over and over and over. These cards rely extremely heavily on firmware to throttle the GPU down to keep power and heat within range. Benchmarks are bursty so the firmware doesn't have much of an opportunity to throttle, but when you start using the card for real workloads, PowerTune rears its ugly head.

Consumer Volta cards will be released in March 2018, this was confirmed in September. The Tesla V100 shows just how much a beast the Volta line is.

Strongly doubt we'll see Navi in 2018, but even if we do, I'm sure it won't even meet a fraction of expectations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Benchmarks for hashcat v4.00 on AMD and NVIDIA cards - by epixoip - 11-08-2017, 12:44 AM