merge dictionary or not?
(12-03-2017, 07:56 AM)arashkamangir70 Wrote: hi,
thank to the hashcat team for your beautiful app.
my question is: to have better performance we should merge dictionarys or not?
according to mask file, when i use 10 mask in mask file we get better performance (faster) instead of use 10 mask attack in same hardware. i think initialize time is reason of this.
now for dictionary attack what we should do? for example we have 3 dictionary. is it better to merge them? and why?

have a good time...

As long as the wordlists aren't too big (since they have to be fed into ram first) then you should be fine.  Makes typing the command by hand faster (I keep a .txt file with all the commands so I can just copy/paste though) If you have passwords shorter than 8 characters, you could delete them out of the lists with sort/awk.  I personally like to leave them in since hashcat will reject/skip them fast enough (for WPA algorithm) but I like to mask/append 2 or 3 characters to them, in order to make them valid and useable when the need arises.

You can use -w 3 or 4 in your command to squeeze a little more performance out. Try merging your 3 dictionaries then testing/benchmark then try with separate lists.

Messages In This Thread
merge dictionary or not? - by arashkamangir70 - 12-03-2017, 07:56 AM
RE: merge dictionary or not? - by philsmd - 12-03-2017, 10:27 AM
RE: merge dictionary or not? - by logistix111 - 12-04-2017, 05:30 PM