hashcat deletes restore on CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES
From time to time I get CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES (on Windows). If this occurs then hashcat deletes the restore file and exits. Thus I am not able to recover from a time (shortly) before the error occurs.
Am I doing something wrong? Or is this intended? Is there a way to get around to start from the beginning?

I do not know why I'm getting this error or how to find out the reason. I'm aware of https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch and this is done months ago. Before this registry key was set, hashcat warns about it. After setting the key hashcat does not warn any more but the error still occurs. It could happen just minutes after starting or after hour/days. It is also possible that it took a month before there is another CL_OUT_OF_RESSOURCES (hashcat is not running all the time).
I reinstalled different version of driver and also test different cards (also using two or only one).

Because I do not know why it happens, how to prevent it and how to prevent hashcat from deleting the restore file I only see a workaround in a task periodically copying the restore-file out of the hashcat folder. Is there a better way?

Thank you in advanced!

I already searched for the reason of CL_OUT_OF_RESSOURCES (e.g. it occurs on buffer out of index and also as a dummy error) and here on the forum but did not find anything helpful . If I missed something, I'm sorry.

Messages In This Thread
hashcat deletes restore on CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES - by BotPass - 07-08-2018, 07:29 PM