multiple dictionaries in hashcat
What I was going to try next, since the hashcats will only support two dictionaries, is try to recast some KoreLogic type rules into the left and right side model like in the older oclhashcat. E.g., for an "append four digits" rule, have the left side be the dictionary word and the right side be the mask ?d?d?d?d, to be an equivalent rule. Then since each side can have both a rule and a dictionary, that would mean two dictionaries and two rules, yielding four areas to work with. (I never used the olchhascat, so need to see how to do al this in the 'plus version.) A max total of 15 characters would be enough to find a lot of usual passwords.

What put me off in the past was seeing somewhere that the input dictionary length is only 7 characters, so a regular hashcat rule for an input word of 9 characters, that truncates the last 3 characters, then appends 4 digits, wouldn't work.

(Where is the wiki page that shows the left/right dictionary input limit per algorithm?)

And I also just noticed that oclHashcat-lite doesn't have a program limit of 15, but a per-algorithm limt of up to 55, for a lot of them.

Edit, reading more about 'plus replacing oclhc, I now see where atom wrote:
"There is no more thing called right- and left-side of the mask. The new oclHashcat-plus automatically calculates the most efficient split. This will hopefully make it easier especially for the new users."

So is there a length limit for the dictionary per algorithm, or is it the 15 per the program?

And that a rule given on the command line can't be applied to a dictionary in a hybring attack (those modes 6 and 7)?

Messages In This Thread
multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by Kgx Pnqvhm - 01-01-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by atom - 01-02-2012, 11:02 AM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by atom - 01-03-2012, 10:43 AM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by atom - 01-04-2012, 10:48 AM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by atom - 01-08-2012, 12:22 PM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by Hash-IT - 01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by Hash-IT - 01-10-2012, 03:29 PM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by Kgx Pnqvhm - 01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: multiple dictionaries in hashcat - by atom - 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM