help cracking a 7 character password
yeah, it's easy to blame a moderator for being nasty and I have no problem being called like that. The main question is if it is more nasty to treat rules like they do not exist ... or if it's more nasty to just point out that somebody didn't respect a forum rule (note that I didn't even ban you and according to the rules I should have banned you).

The problem is that there are forum rules and you need to respect them. In general, there are no excuses for violating the few forum rules that exist. I know that some users do not even bother reading the rules and that is why I was so kind enough to link it to you and not ban you Smile

I wouldn't call the forum "nasty". If you play with the rules and try to explain exactly what problems you have and give all the details, the users (including mods) can be very helpful and actually I think that my post above is extremely helpful.

For instance it explains that the hash was generated incorrectly, that the password has 8 bytes and not 7 (as you claim) , that the password contains new lines, that the hashcat mask file (.hcmask) was not found within your current path etc... This is some very helpful and crucial information.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help cracking a 7 character password - by philsmd - 08-21-2019, 12:42 PM