Hashcat running incorrectly and not using GPU.
I didn't see the part about The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali). ROCm either says you have held two packages back, and no matter what I do I can't get it installed, or it just kills The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) it wont reboot after restart into anything other than Live. The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) is what I started this trek with. I don't really like Unbuntu. I had to reinstall The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) at least twice. When I get a chance I'll post the Windows info, it's about like you can imagine it just wont use the opencl and I can't get it to skip the self check. Unbuntu already has the drivers in it, I didn't know that and somehow killed an Unbuntu too. The one and only time I could get them to install. I spoke to MSI and AMD they where useless, both said that you can only install it on a Windows system that they don't even have drivers for Unbuntu or Debian. I said well I guess the drivers that are on the AMD site don't exist then. MSI doesn't seem to have anything other than Windows. The other has both.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hashcat running incorrectly and not using GPU. - by Rdgeno - 10-08-2019, 09:44 PM