Hashcat sees my GPU but not my CPU
I bought the AMD because it was cheaper and I wanted to see how much a GPU would speed it up before I invested real money in a Nivdia. What I dont understand is if the driver works in every other system and program why doesnt it work in Hashcat the Crimson driver wont work at all, the only way it will run is to disable the self test. I also do not understand how it could not work on an Acer an HP and a Toshiba surely one of them have got to be compatible with the driver and Hashcat. Just so you know I did look and see the AMD issue but Hashcats own site says it can be used what I didnt know was rocm is crap theres as many instances of it not working as hashcat. I'm not mad or anything I'm just trying to solve this I would give up and say well live and learn but this is crazy if you say it's the fastest and it works with a GPU then it should work in one out of four OS's and three machines. I already know befire anyone says it it's the same GPU. Hashcat sees it and uses it in windows but it doesnt see the CPU it's a completly diffrent driver running it. The CPU uses Intel the GPU uses ADM. If it sees it in windows but not Unbuntu or the other it isnt the GPU so there is only one other constant Hashcat and it the GPU works with Hascat in windows 10 pro or Windows 10 home. I was reading earlier still trying to find an answer. I come across a post Atom was blaming the driver the guy explained something was changed, but Adom wouldn't cop to it. The guys started his case rather eloquently then Adom half said its Hashcat but wouldn't say what was changed so he could fix it ? But that was after reporting it doesnt make sense that hashcat would do that. I doesnt make sense Windows screws up every update and suckers keep lining up to use it.On the Hashcat site the GPU instructions the ADM instructions Windows and The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) all say it works and heres how. Be honest just put we really dont know if hashcat is going to work or not. In The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and unbuntu I dont get the opencl warning. So instead of programming the page to auto edit the comment about The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) why dont they take the time they spent on that and fix the opencl. I was just about to order a nvidia because I'm to the point I just want to see it work once for a split second but now thank God you told me Nivida doesnt work so well either. It's just frustrating just put on the site it might not work theres no fixing it and quit blaming the operators and the drivers. If it said it might not work with any GPU system or OS I wouldn't have started this fiasco but it was working in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and unbuntu theres an instructional manual by infosexy that fixes the opencl on the CPU. So I went off the fact it was working and Hashcat says it will work. I take responsibility for my actions I dont blame other people I made a mistake I made a decision based on bad information. This thing isnt a solid program and they know it. They wont even begin to suggest a fix. I had ADM, MSI, Amazon and the people that built my computer on the phone at least an hour a piece trying to fix a problem the didnt create. Hashcat could at least say yeah its us not you or the driver. Man up or offer a solution. I dont like stack exchange their petty little jerks that wont answer a question and just put you down I'm pretty sure it's because they have no idea what the answer is. System doesnt boot they all regurgitate they same answer or insult. I hate them but I went as far as to ask. Surprising answer, this has been answered before. What answer? One thing I have to hand to those petty little morons at the very least they answer. I have sent Atom Adom whatever it is several messages practically begging for help. No answer. You seem to know something about these problems I was hoping you could help. It's just crazy it's the GPU it's the OS it you it the driver, its every dam thing in the world except for hashcat. They didnt know is bull this has been an issue for years. They need to auto edit in hashcat the system that hardly works every time you mention hashcat. If The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) is so bad why did hashcat decide to allow their selves to the preinstalled tools ? I dont know I'm going in circles now. They need to stand behind their product fix the opencl get at least one GPU to work advertise that one and be done with it. I would have bought that GPU or none if they warned people. I'm going to go I'm trying a few more things I going to take a shot at the conf file in pyrit if you edit it AMD works so hopefully hashcat will to if not I guess I'm stuck with pyrit. You have a good night and seriously thank you for responding.

Messages In This Thread
Hashcat sees my GPU but not my CPU - by Rdgeno - 10-09-2019, 10:31 PM
RE: Hashcat sees my GPU but not my CPU - by Rdgeno - 10-11-2019, 03:04 AM