Stuck while Dictionary chache building
Hi, I have been using Hashcat on my pc for some time now. However, for the past two months, I am not able to use the application. Every time I run Hashcat with big wordlists ( around 15 to 13 GB )the application gets stuck in ' Dictionary cache building ..... (particular %) and does not go further. the percentage is constant for each word list suppose I use the 15gb wordlist from Crackstation, it gets stuck with 24.61 % each time. it stops responding after it reaches that percentage and the window cannot be closed. I have to shut down or restart the system. and windows also informs that the drive is corrupt after I restart and asks me to scan. I have tried downloading the wordlists from different links (just to make sure that the problem is not with the list) I have cleared and formatted a drive of 300gb in my pc to make sure that the problem is not with the drive. however, when I try and use a smaller wordlist that has only 1000-5000 words. this issue does not occur.
here are the system details and here is the screenshot of the error.
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/9/2019, 13:12:16
Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single (10.0)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Display Memory: 8051 MB

Messages In This Thread
Stuck while Dictionary chache building - by srin2godisgreat - 12-09-2019, 02:00 PM