The most useful attack seems missing
Folks
I am trying to crack an NTLM password which I have forgotten on my machine. I have the NTLM hash and I remember there were no repeated characters on it. 
I am trying to do a permutation attack with a defined custom chars set without repeated characters with no luck. Seems like the permutation attack is missing in the newer hashcat. The oclHashCat seemed to had it but that version is not available anymore.

What I managed to do is using mp and pipes

mp64.exe -i 1:12 -q 2 -r 2 -1 abceglouvzmkr1!@AB ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 | hashcat64.exe --session=1-12 -m 1000 -O -w 2 -D 2 --status --status-timer=60 -o D:\output.txt --outfile-format=2 D:\input.txt

This piping is working but is very slow. On my machine its ~600 KH/s. 

The other thing I tried is split the chars space into one generated with mp and rules like so
 mp64.exe -i 1:13 -r2 -q2 -1 r1!@AB "$?1$?1$?1$?1$?1$?1" -o rules.rule

then get these rules and use the piping with part of the chars set
mp64.exe -i 1:12 -q 2 -r 2 -1 abceglouvzmk ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 | hashcat64.exe --session=1-12-split-rules -r rules.rule -m 1000 -O -w 2 -D 2 --status --status-timer=60 -o D:\output.txt --outfile-format=2 D:\input.txt

This does work but the rules are appended at the end of the `abceglouvzmk`char set. The speed I got from this is around 700 MH/s on my machine. Still this does not cover the whole char space I need. 

My question is how can I do that? Is it possible to run hashcat on non repeated chars set input. To me this seems like very useful case. Given most people do not repeat characters when typing passwords. If one follows the pass phrase practice then its even less likely to repeat characters. 

cheers

Messages In This Thread
The most useful attack seems missing - by eminemam1 - 12-15-2019, 01:59 AM