New password guessing method
Hi all,

I have created a somewhat new password guessing method. And, I'm really interested in adding this method to hashcat, thus, contributing to hashcat's source code. I don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

The method is pretty much an amalgamation of hashcat's mask, combination, dictionary and rules. Each new password is generated based on a pattern of password parts and patterns are extracted from existing password ditctionaries.

For example the pattern "N|c s Y" is a pattern for passwords beginning with a Capitalized Name, then a Special character and finishes with a Year. The result will be passwords such as:
Hank@1998
Eli$2020
Satoshi-2008

I already have developed the code to generate the passwords using golang. And, I have been able to use it with hashcat in "stdin mode". It works perfectly and the results are promising. But the problem is in fact the speed. It is pretty slow probably because of the relatively limited CPU-GPU bandwidth.

Where can I start my journey toward the goal of adding my passwords generation idea to hashcat? Is there any convention that i should be aware of?

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
New password guessing method - by mustbastani - 01-03-2020, 10:31 AM
RE: New password guessing method - by atom - 01-03-2020, 10:38 AM
RE: New password guessing method - by undeath - 01-03-2020, 02:57 PM