Need assistance with veracrypt container
Good day,

I have spent the last two days banging my head against the wall and I am very confused as to why my hash files are not working. I used dd running on debian linux to extract the first 512 bytes from my encrypted file and I saved the file using SHA-512 default settings within veracrypt. However no matter what algorithm I use I am always met with Exhausted status.

.png   hashencrypt.png (Size: 330.57 KB / Downloads: 6)

This is bizare to me as I created a test encrypted file with a password of abc123 and I am using the following instructions to hashcat.

Code:
.\hashcat64 -m 13721 -a 3 -w 4 -S img512.vc abc12?d --self-test-disable

.png   exhausted.png (Size: 147.86 KB / Downloads: 9)

What am I doing wrong here? I feel like I am following the instructions to a tee however it never guesses the right hash even when I have such a simple password as abc123. I am running hashcat on my windows pc because I have two GPU's to use for faster hashing, my other computer (running debian) is using a low end nvidia card so the two AMD cards in this one are much faster. 

I should also add that I even created a txt file wordlist that contained only the exact password abc123 and changed my attack mode from mask attack to brute force and even with the exact password I used, it returns Exhausted status.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Need assistance with veracrypt container - by skateboardingman - 02-08-2020, 05:56 AM