N00b can't get hashcat.exe file with extract error from Keka on MacOS
Question 
Hello esteemed hashcat experts,

Writing to you today with the hope of unecrypting my encrypted iPhone backup on iTunes. I know I COULD just start over, but ... I miss my pictures. I have done lots of research on this, but getting stuck on a super basic step here.

Have downloaded current hashcat binaries + sources to my 2015 Macbook running macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Moved the hashcat binaries + sources into my documents folder. I know the next step is to extract the hashcat-5.1.0 to get the hashcat.exe file, but I am getting a failed error from Keka (Error code 2 using "p7zip"), which is my replacement for using 7-zip (not available on MacOS). I'm guessing I'm either having an error with Keka or need to use a separate extraction program.

Promised you I searched all the forums for this, but was getting a lot of overlap with error running actual hashcat, which is a step behind where I am. All the YouTube videos just drag-and-drop and it seems to work for them!

Any help MUCH appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
N00b can't get hashcat.exe file with extract error from Keka on MacOS - by alliwant4xmas - 05-23-2020, 07:37 AM