Recommendation for building a Hash Cracking Rig in 2020?
Any specific hardware recommendation to build a simplified Cracking Rig considering to start with one GPU and after that add as a minimum two or maximum four GPUs in the long term? I want to put together something that is easily compatible running Ubuntu 20 LTS with the primary goal of cracking mode 2500 hashes. Preferable Intel and Nvidia to fit in a Fractal Design D7 MidTower and ideally as silent as possible. The GPU or MB needs to be USB-C compatible with operating two LG 4K panels (24MD4KL-B). Looking at Nvidia RTX 2080 & Intel MB socket 1151 with intel 9th gen i7 or would one recommend lower-cost CPU, e.g. i3 without losing any cracking performance? Looking at a modular PSU Corsair HX1200i 80 plus platinum series. Ideally no water cooling in the build but a Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler and enough fans in the cabinet. 

What would the ideal motherboard and components be? 
  • Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition? Any reason why the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Super Ventus OS OC will be an issue or less optimal than the "Founders Edition" version? 
  • Motherboard?
  • CPU? 
  • M.2 disk(s)? 
  • RAM? 
I have been looking at ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, i7-9700K, Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD and Corsair vengeance rgb pro ddr4 3200mhz 16gb. Not sure if that's a good setup so I would appreciate some first hands experience recommendations.

And lastly, is it worth going for the 2080 Ti version or wait until any 3080 release later in 2020? Starting with a 2080 and then adding a 3080 should not be an issue having these operating together? 

Thank you in advance, 

Messages In This Thread
Recommendation for building a Hash Cracking Rig in 2020? - by eilert - 07-08-2020, 08:36 PM