So why I got fascinated with hashcat
Rainbow 
Is it’s versatility... at work I managed to brute force now almost all passwords, except the 14 character on with bcrypt...so far. Really awesome.
I also have an old (2014!!) Bitcoin wallet that I forgot and checked now and it even has a Bitcoin it!!
However.. all I know is that I used a 10 character generated password back then.. (associated text file I wrote.. the other clues seemed great at the time, now useless, like has the number of ram sticks you have in your machine), could be 1,2,4 etc.. anyway.
I would love to use maskprocesor and let her rip but it follows always the same pattern, generate all of the possible passwords.. there is no way to make them random (-q2 and -r2). Also I have a windows machine that I do this one which means I cannot use crunch which has more options to randomize and is faster imho..
I have a 3080 rtx and 2 2080rtxs  so speed should be there.. more or less..
I also read about making rules but in order for them to be effective I need to let the mask processor run until it randomizes which can take som timeSmile.
Also how would I write a rule for randomness..is there any way to speed the password generation up by bypassing the “crap”... I know I generated the password so it will not be anything meaningful...

Help?Smile

Messages In This Thread
So why I got fascinated with hashcat - by vicious1 - 01-10-2021, 02:56 PM