why Hashcat v6.2.5 is slower than v5.1.0
(04-22-2022, 01:39 AM)slyexe Wrote: Install the Nvidia Drivers from official website, that would install the OpenCL runtimes. However, you're GPU does not support CUDA SDK so it would not have the appropriate drivers for using CUDA runtimes. Therefore, don't post issues regarding errors with hashcat as it would be hardware/driver related.

Thank you slyexe for your prompt response.  Sorry for my delay as I was distracted by other projects.
To be clear I was not posting the errors to imply a a problem with hashcat but to document my inability to install it and accompanying tools correctly - so totally on me.
As per my comment I did download the NVIDIA drivers and they are installed in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v11.6 which are part of the path.  My confusion stemmed from the reference to the CUDA not being present in "ATTENTION! No OpenCL, HIP or CUDA installation found." when I could see it on my computer.
So as a (new) user seeing that error is very confusing.

As you will see in my next response to Snoopy, I have followed his instructions and I'm still unsure of my installation.
Thank you for your support.

Messages In This Thread
RE: why Hashcat v6.2.5 is slower than v5.1.0 - by GWN - 04-24-2022, 10:54 PM