Installing AMD Catalyst on newest version of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) (32)
Exclamation 
(01-16-2014, 12:50 AM)3kings Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 02:22 PM)vrposter Wrote: Did you see the post here?
http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-2940-pos...l#pid17561

The user seems to have solved his problem with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)

Did not work with me, the patch works but it doesn't actually fix the problem (also: he doesn't give enough detail on which file to edit to add the new method manually..)
Seems we ended up in same corner, a dark one it is for now.
The way that patch from above mentioned link works is this:
Patch kcl_acpi.c file from the following folder
Code:
/catalyst/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_acpi.c
using this command --
Code:
patch -Np1 --verbose < NEWpatch
Modify firegl_public.c file from the following folder
Code:
/catalyst/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c
function "KCL_GetEffectiveUid"
Code:
return current_euid();
change it to -->
Code:
return __kuid_val(current_euid());
And then install from /catalyst folder using the following command
Code:
./ati-install.sh 13.251 --install

This ultimately doesn't do anything. AT ALL.
Code:
fglrxinfo
or
Code:
amdcccle
still crashes.
I've asked Kolasa from git for some help. We will see how it goes. But until today (17/1/2014) there's no fix yet.
There's a second method you can try (installs fine).. See details here. Using my method in there you can install 13.251, this will even install fine, but you end up in more issues. (i.e. libGL.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 error) and amdcccle crashing. Also Kernel 3.12 will complain no fglrx driver found with an unloading error in /var/log/Xorg.0.log file. Interestingly fglrxinfo and glx_gears will work using this second method. But as we all understand unless kernel can load the module, this is not useful in anyway.
I'm truly baffled with this issue. Searching for a better solution

Messages In This Thread
RE: Installing AMD Catalyst on newest version of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) (32) - by blackMORE - 01-17-2014, 04:43 AM