Anyway to benchmark with specific parameters?
(03-09-2017, 07:03 PM)rico Wrote: Ah yes, -m 8900. Not all hashes identify themselves so conveniently you must appreciate. Specifying the hash mode is required (unless MD5, the default, -m 0).

well I can'tseem to get it work and for some reason hashcat isn't seeing the available memory as I see it.

OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation
======================================
* Device #1: GeForce GTX 485M, 496/1984 MB allocatable, 8MCU

I'm trying to do a test hash of the following one.

SCRYPT:16384:8:1Confusedalt:dFcxr0SE8yOWiWntoomu7gBbWQOsVh5kpayhIXl793M=

the password is password so _why_ it'd not be able to use the ram is beyond me and if my math is right each pass of scrypt should only require 20MiB of ram but it sets the thing to --scrypt-tmto 5 and say the following. Where's the remaining 1.5GiB of ram gone? It of course dies because doing 6x the cputime is probably going to cause it to eat dirt on my old laptop but I'm wondering moreso why it can't do even one single pass.

Not enough single-block device memory allocatable to use --scrypt-tmto 2, increasing...
Not enough single-block device memory allocatable to use --scrypt-tmto 3, increasing...
Not enough single-block device memory allocatable to use --scrypt-tmto 4, increasing...
Not enough single-block device memory allocatable to use --scrypt-tmto 5, increasing...

nvidia settings says the following about it
Used Dedicated Memory:77 MB (4%)

so where is the remaining 1.5GiB of memory going? I'm doing nothing except a web browser with a few tabs open and no video playing at the time of trying to run it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyway to benchmark with specific parameters? - by 133794m3r - 03-09-2017, 07:58 PM