Upgrade graphic card on PC, what to buy ?
I haven't tested temps on long term runs. I don't expect the temperatures to be too bad though, given the low power draw and small form factor of the card. As long as you have good air flow in your case, and dont have the card pushed directly next to another card, I think temps should be fine. Give it plenty of room to breathe. How long that OEM fan runs before quitting is another story. OEM (non reference) style cards tend to have the fans fail quickly when running 24/7 at near 100% rpms. I wouldn't think it too hard to replace with a better quality fan for very little money though. It would be fairly easy to remove the fan shroud and fan, and just attach a regular case fan to cool the card. If I remember I can run a test job this weekend and let it go for half hour or so and report back with temperature results.

I think the 1050 would be your best bet to stay at or near the price you are looking for at this time. If you can upgrade just a little more cost, a 1050Ti should be a decent boost in speed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrade graphic card on PC, what to buy ? - by tacohashcat - 09-15-2017, 01:37 PM