A bit help needed
(12-21-2017, 05:33 PM)Flomac Wrote: Maybe there're no answers cause it sounds like you have neither knowledge about rig building of that size nor hashcracking. No one is bulding a 20K rig for fun. You know what you're doing or you leave it to the pros.

That said, as you can read it everywhere here in the forum, this GPU would not be recommended since it is neither an FE-version nor does it have a radial fan.

About PCIE-speed: it depends, but usually it does not matter. If you want a more specific answer you need to give more specific informations like which kind of hashes you want to crack in which mode etc.

Thank you for your criticism but I have to disagree with you!

"Maybe there're no answers cause it sounds like you have neither knowledge about rig building of that size nor hashcracking." I've been building all PCs I had until now by myself. I don't have PhD but I am satisfied with my knowledge and good enough to make everything work as it should.
The only thing that I am not sure for and for which I posted the thread was - will the PCIE-speed affect hash cracking speeds with that kind of GPUs and if yes by how much.

"No one is bulding a 20K rig for fun."  Well I do. I can afford it and what's more important you missed the part that this rig will also be used to crypto mining.

"That said, as you can read it everywhere here in the forum, this GPU would not be recommended since it is neither an FE-version nor does it have a radial fan."
I think you also missed the part that it will be custom build open frame so heating and airflow would not be a problem. Right now I have 2 Asus Strix OC 1080Ti and I am satisfied by their performance.

I am not looking for cracking a specific hash type. I want to have good speed on all of them.

Messages In This Thread
A bit help needed - by niceguy123 - 12-19-2017, 04:16 PM
RE: A bit help needed - by niceguy123 - 12-20-2017, 05:54 PM
RE: A bit help needed - by walterlacka - 12-20-2017, 06:42 PM
RE: A bit help needed - by Flomac - 12-21-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: A bit help needed - by niceguy123 - 12-22-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: A bit help needed - by Flomac - 12-22-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: A bit help needed - by niceguy123 - 12-23-2017, 05:30 PM
RE: A bit help needed - by Flomac - 12-23-2017, 08:35 PM