Advice on HP Nvidia Tesla K40 GPUs
(07-03-2019, 08:28 PM)Flomac Wrote: Since the new Super-series just arrives with a significant price drop over its predecessor i'd go for two GTX2070 Super. They deliver 3/4 performance of two normal GTX 2080 at 2/3 of their price. And two cards are always easier to handle in big towers, even if they don't have radial fans.

I assume you mean the RTX 2070 Super? According to Nvidia they release July 9th and, indeed as you said, are priced very nicely at the same price of the 2070 back when it released albeit it with more power. They are claimed to be 24% faster in some cases, with an average of 16% performance increase over-all (see https://www.techradar.com/news/nvidia-ge...s-rtx-2070).

At $499 for the "Founder's Edition" (I am not familiar with this terminology although I've seen this "Founder" label slapped on many gaming-related gear over the past year or so), that'll put two of them in my hands for just $1,000 and also provide me with two copies each of the new Wolfenstein and "Control", a $90 value they claim for $180 total; maybe I can sell these downloads or license keys or CDs or whatever for $15 a piece to someone and recoup $60, effectively bringing price to $940 before tax). 

Thanks for the input!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advice on HP Nvidia Tesla K40 GPUs - by datacomplex - 07-04-2019, 12:31 AM