Mask not finding password Straight hit or miss.
I reported this to github they said go here and try first.
   I'm using a HP Compaque 6300 it has an i7 3770 a Seagate Barracuda 500 GB ssd a Seagate Firecudda cuda 2 tb hybrid whatever the HDD was that came with it, it's a 1 tb drive. It has 24 gb of Corsair Vengance Ram a Radeion rx 560 4 gb GPU. I am using Windows 10 Home updated to current along with all other drivers.
   When I run Mask And I have tried it a thousand different ways I'm using -m 2500 -a 3 2W43?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d -o path to output. I have tried it incrementally going from 11 to 12 I have given it 11 out of 12 charters it wont get it, the only way it will is with all 12. If I run it straight with the word in a list it doesn't get it unless I put the password into the first on or two thousand candidates then it gets it. If I take the first part of the password, (I'm saying password but it is multiple passwords I have tried.) and run a list with crunch with 2W43 on the left and another list with the other eight char it nails them every time without incident. Just so I'm clear running straight gets it if the password is at the beginning of the list otherwise it doesn't find it, with mask it doesn't get it at all. I have eight passwords I'm working on the 2w43 I knew the last eight where all numbers the other seven I have a few char on each know they are twelve char and no idea on the other charters so mask would really help. I have tried to get this to work on two computers and I'm having the same problem on both the other computer is an old pos laptop I don't think you want the specs on that. I'm not getting any error messages I either get cracked and the password or exhausted and nothing, that's why I didn't post any outputs. The drivers I'm using are the current Radion and Intel opencl. I tried the drivers recommended buy Hashcat and they didn't work I'm using the most current Hashcat, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Hashcat several times same result. I'm not using linux though that was my first choice but my GPU doesn't get along with any Linux distro and Hashcat opencl nightmare. On Git they mentioned opencl but I'm not getting any errors. I have exhausted all the options I can think of, if anyone has some idea and there is something they want me to try please send exactly what you want with detailed instructions so there is no room for error I don't want to waste anyones time. Thank you in advance any help or just a referal to Git so they will give it a shot would be greatly appreciated once again thank you very much in advance.

Messages In This Thread
Mask not finding password Straight hit or miss. - by robertde - 11-15-2019, 07:49 PM