Hashcat + wlangenpmkocl how to convert back to plaintext ?
(03-01-2021, 09:21 AM)ZerBea Wrote: Well, no problem. I have become a little bit "occupationally blind", too. Worked too long in that business.

BTW: Some words about hcxdumptool and hcxtools.
They are designed to be a WiFi pre-processor to hashcat (because hashcat doesn't provide this feature) and JtR (because JtR doesn't provide this feature, too).
They are more analysis tools than "cracking" tools and you must(!) have more than only basic technical knowledge. That include RF technology, 802.11 protocol (and protocol analyzer Wireshark/tshark), Linux (device driver and device handling, system services) and hash algorithms.

They are definitely not designed to be used by beginners or "script kiddies". If someone needs a script of about 1500 lines to do such a simple thing like setting monitor mode (installing pure  K A L I  and/or running 50.000 stupid deauthentications against an ACCESS POINT is far, far from enough, here) - he/she shouldn't use hcxdumptool/hcxtools.

But if you really know, what to do (starting from an attack vector tailored to the target, converting/and filtering the results tailored to the target and feeding them to hashcat/JtR), they can do magic.

Thank you for that. To be honest I've started to notice that doing things manually along with kismet and wireshark (I'm still learning so I need some gui) is much more effective than running premade scripts. I get it, people want a 'win' button. I was using wifite because it captures handshakes automatically. BUT that's not good because of the amount of DEATHing, apart from the fact that it technically kills your stealth it's unnecessary and I notice it can cause problems with decryption.

K*ali I got because I wanted a base, I didn't want to have to go out and collect all the tools one by one. I'm a slackware guy from the 90s lol I get where you're coming from. Also I'm bit of a digital packrat so I like downloading like EVERYTHING. I want every tool every made lol. I'm going through the sources, studying your scripts and what you've done, trying to understand the reasoning... Don't worry your work is not going to a script kiddie, I'm a professional. It's just I've been detached from this side of the spectrum if you will for many many years. My intent is to fully understand the theory, not to hack my neighbour's wifi and to be honest they'd be much more interested in what I have in my systems than the other way around Smile

Shit I just realized I forgot about tshark, been studying wireshark and kismet. Well I guess that's what's on the menu today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hashcat + wlangenpmkocl how to convert back to plaintext ? - by pr0ph3t - 03-01-2021, 02:02 PM