Table To File Stopped Working - Printable Version
+- hashcat Forum (http://hashcat.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: hashcat (/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: Table To File Stopped Working (/thread-1224.html)
Pages: 1 2
Table To File Stopped Working - Hash-IT - 05-30-2012 12:26 AM
I have some old .cmd's that I used to use to make "l33t" versions of words and write them to a file.
For some reason today when I decided to make a few more I was unable to get it to work. Nothing has changed with my scripts and I have re-read the wiki about this (ironically I wrote that part of the wiki !) and I still can't work out what is wrong.
Here is the code...
--attack-mode 5 = Table Lookup Attack
--table-file a.table = a.table is my table file
--table-max=15 = Length of longest word to modify
--stdout pw.txt = Read from file called pw.txt
>> Table_Result.txt = Write to file called Table_Result.txt
Can someone please tell me what could have changed ?
I have replaced the old hashcat and license file with the current ones.
The only output I get in the output file is...
Quote:Try --help for more help.
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - atom - 05-30-2012 09:47 AM
should be the same issue as discussed here: https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-1016.html
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - Hash-IT - 05-30-2012 09:49 PM
Thank you very much atom, you are of course correct, that fixed it !
I am glad you are back from your holiday, hope you had a good one.
Can I ask why we now have to write NUL NUL ? Is this a bug that will be fixed or do I have to update the wiki ?
If I am updating the wiki page I like to explain what each line of code is for, so could you please explain why this has to be added now so I can write it up ? Of course if this is a bug that will be fixed there is no need to explain.
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - M@LIK - 05-30-2012 09:55 PM
It was a bug, it's fixed in hashcat-0.40b4.
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - Hash-IT - 05-30-2012 10:12 PM
Thanks M@LIK I will download it now.
Yes all working now in new beta,..... just need to change my scrips again !! Grrr !
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - Hash-IT - 05-31-2012 03:21 PM
Thanks this does seem to be working now but it is a little different than I remember so I would like to just check if this sounds ok with others .
I have a word list with passwords no less than 8 characters long in it. I have my table file in such a way to "leet" words with simple modifications such as a=4, o=0 etc
When I run my script it all seems to be working ok but I have noticed that my GPU fan speed revs up and down in a pulse like manner. The GPU percentage on the status page can vary between 0%, 35% and up to 60%. I would have expected 100%.
My temperature is at about 60c but when I crack normally (not using pipe from hashcat and table) it s usually 71c
The c/s figure is the same as I would expect at 94k ish.
So, am I to believe the c/s figure ? It seems odd to me that I am supposedly getting the same c/s figure but using my GPU mush less.
Does this sound right ?
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - atom - 06-03-2012 10:13 AM
Sounds strange. Can you give some commandline you use plus the table file etc for reproduce?
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - Hash-IT - 06-03-2012 11:27 AM
(06-03-2012 10:13 AM)atom Wrote: Sounds strange. Can you give some commandline you use plus the table file etc for reproduce?
Of course, thanks for showing an interest.
Before I go any further this computer is XP Pro 32bit SP3. I am using oclHashcat-plus32.exe V0.7 (cannot upgrade any further on XP). If this is a known issue with V0.7 then I understand there is no hope of help and I will have to upgrade my OS.
However you may just see something wrong with my code.
I am using ATI HD5870 with Catalyst Version 11.12. Everything else works fine for me with this set up.
My command line ...
My table file ....
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - atom - 06-04-2012 10:22 AM
I tried it and can confirm it. But it is not a bug or something. Its just that hashcat can not generate the password plains fast enough. On my 8 core bulldozer it makes ~ 280k/s. That is still faster than 180k/s my hd6990 does, but you have to take into the calculation that the results can be of every length. if you say the average password length is either 6, 7, 8 or 9 we have to divide the 280k/s by 4, makes it 70k/s. In simple words. oclHashcat-plus idles while waiting for full password plain buffer.
RE: Table To File Stopped Working - Hash-IT - 06-04-2012 01:42 PM
Thank you for taking the time to test that atom.
Just for you I devoted all Sunday to upgrading my cracking machine to Win7 and all new drivers just for hashcat-plus ! .... If Win7 is considered upgrading !
Anyway I was going to report that this "effect" was present when using Win 7 ocl-hascat-plus v0.8 and the new beta whilst also using the latest beta of hashcat.
After seeing your explanation I understand why. To prove your point more conclusively I shall separate my word lists by line length which "should" give a different result.
I know you are already considering it and you have explained the reasons you haven't migrated the table look-up feature to ocl-hascat-plus yet but I think this confirms it does need porting to be effective.
The table look-up feature is so very useful for leet words and also toggling. I personally think it is one of your best rule options and would very much like to see it added to ocl-hascat-plus when you work out how.
Thanks again atom for testing this query out for me.