Catalyst 13.1 Installation Issues
Yeah, I figured it was related to the 32 bit libs...I was hoping I was just being a jackass, but I'm getting the same issue after following the instructions in the wiki link you posted.

I decided to start with a fresh install of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) to be safe. Installation of the fglrx drivers failed initially because the installer couldn't find /lib/modules/3.7-trunk-amd64/build/include/linux/version.h - so I symlinked in the version in /usr/include/linux/. Installation then ran to completion, but logs indicated failure. As below:

Code:
Kernel preparation unnecessary for this module. Skipping...
cleaning build area...
cd /var/lib/dkms/fglrx/9.012/build; sh make.she --nohints --uname_r=3.7-trunk-amd64 --norootcheck....(bad exit status: 1)
[Error] Kernel module : failed to build fglrx-9.012 with DKMS
[Error] Kernel module : removing fglrx-9.012 from DKMS

Deleting module version: 9.012
completely from the DKMS tree.

It's still trying to load 32bit libraries when I send an aticonfig after this, as well.

I'm going to wipe the slate clean again and give it another shot tomorrow when I've had some sleep. I'm not going to magically figure this out by adding sleep deprivation to my obstacles here.

Either way, thanks for your help so far - any ideas are a welcome change from the blanks I'm drawing. I'm still trying to puzzle out why it's looking at 32 bit libs. Dmidecode is pretty clear about this being a 64 bit system,and the AMD installers all agree, up until they fail out. This is just weird to me. A driver installation shouldn't be this maddening.

Messages In This Thread
Catalyst 13.1 Installation Issues - by obsidian - 06-06-2013, 04:51 AM
RE: Catalyst 13.1 Installation Issues - by obsidian - 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM