Done my research, now I need a review. 20 GPU cracking cluster.
I've built a DIY server for max 7 GPUs within the last weeks, it's based on a cheap 15-slot 19" chassis and i'm using "cheap" alternative hardware as opposed to the professional rack chassis that Brutalis is using. Mine is currently loaded with 4xGTX 980 and 1x TITAN X, so 2 more to go. All i can tell you it's hell of a job and requires a LOT more time, fiddling and research than i would have thought to get that box working, the power supply and cooling issues are bigger than you would ever think of (even for the lower power nvidia cards). Soon i've realized that Sagitta box is not as expensive as it might seem at first sight, the prices in the high-end segment are raising exponentially, alone the chassis costs something around $5000. - Also, you get the hashstack software with that box. If you have the budget, go for Sagitta. You won't be disappointed, from the best knowledge i have gained within the last months, the setup they are offering is what you are looking for. If not, plan to use half of your budget for research, at least. Unfortunately I didn't have the budget for a Brutalis, so i had no choice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Done my research, now I need a review. 20 GPU cracking cluster. - by jodler303 - 02-05-2016, 07:33 AM