Is it possible to run an AMD GPU and nVidia GPU in the same rig?
I currently have an AMD GPU, which I cannot get to work with hashcat. I have read a lot online (forum, reddit, web searching) that AMD GPU do not have great hashcat support.

My question is if I buy an nVidia GPU, can I run them both in the same rig with the AMD GPU used as my main GPU and the nVidia GPU used just for hashcat? I require the AMD GPU for my current Wayland desktop environment.

I can't find any other info on this type of setup online. Also, what is a reasonable cost nVidia GPU that has hashcat support for this application?
Hashcat is compatible with mixing brands, it's all relevant to supporting drivers and operating systems. As long as you have the appropriate drivers installed for your devices and hashcat can detect those runtimes for each device, you can define which devices to use and which to isolate from the attacks. Nvidia's drivers are just much more robust and offer both CUDA as well as OpenCL support. Which AMD card are you currently operating which is giving grief? Please give us a breakdown of your hardware, operating system, hashcat version, AMD Adrenaline version and an output of hashcat -I is always useful.
Thank you for your response. I'm currently operating an AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT on Artix Linux.

I was unable to get hashcat -I to work with the latest version of hashcat, 6.2.6, but I was able to get the following running hashcat -I with version 6.1.1:

Code:
$ hashcat -I
hashcat (v6.1.1) starting...

clGetDeviceIDs(): CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

clGetDeviceIDs(): CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

* Device #1: Unstable OpenCL driver detected!

OpenCL Info:
============

OpenCL Platform ID #1
  Vendor..: Mesa
  Name....: Clover
  Version.: OpenCL 1.1 Mesa 23.3.3-arch1.1

Backend Device ID #1
    Type...........: GPU
    Vendor.ID......: 1
    Vendor.........: AMD
    Name...........: AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT (radeonsi, navi14, LLVM 16.0.6, DRM 3.54, 6.6.9-artix1-1)
    Version........: OpenCL 1.1 Mesa 23.3.3-arch1.1
    Processor(s)...: 22
    Clock..........: 1900
    Memory.Total...: 4096 MB (limited to 1024 MB allocatable in one block)
    Memory.Free....: 4032 MB
    OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 1.1
    Driver.Version.: 23.3.3-arch1.1

OpenCL Platform ID #2
  Vendor..: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
  Name....: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
  Version.: OpenCL 2.1 AMD-APP (3513.0)

Backend Device ID #2
    Type...........: GPU
    Vendor.ID......: 1
    Vendor.........: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Name...........: gfx1012:xnack-
    Version........: OpenCL 2.0
    Processor(s)...: 11
    Clock..........: 1900
    Memory.Total...: 4080 MB (limited to 3468 MB allocatable in one block)
    Memory.Free....: 3968 MB
    OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 2.0
    Driver.Version.: 3513.0 (HSA1.1,LC)

OpenCL Platform ID #3
  Vendor..: Mesa/X.org
  Name....: rusticl
  Version.: OpenCL 3.0

When I upgraded the opencl-amd driver to the latest, 6.0.0-1, running hashcat -I would completely lock-up the computer and I would have to reboot, so I am currently keeping my system on 5.4.3-3.

What I would like to do is add a relatively inexpensive nVidia GPU to this system, so that I can install whatever drivers hashcat requires, so that I can crack some hashes. If I can have both cards in this computer, then do you have any suggestions on a card to purchase? I've been reading this site and lots of the newer cards are way out of my price range.

I just found this website, so are any of these cards recommended for what I'm seeking?
https://marketplace.tensordock.com/deploy
Well are you wanting to use a rental service or use your own hardware? There are several different websites for renting hardware but the most common found on the forums for setup with hashcat would be vast.ai. There are several tutorials for proper docker images to use in order to get up and running quick and easily.

Otherwise, if you are looking for a budget graphics card and are currently already using a 5500XT for other purposes, you will have to find out what your PC is capable of handling. In that aspect, I am talking about your power supply and PCIE slots. If you're looking for something comparable to what you have now, I would say an RTX 2060 would be the best budget for yourself. You could also always go down a step to a 1070 or 1080 series as well and see similar performance. There should be plenty of benchmarks online for you to find to see what works best for your budget.

Next questions would be in correlation of how you plan on using hashcat. What hashes are you primarily going to be using with hashcat?
I guess I was not clear. I want to use my own hardware and shared that rental site to see if I should be considering buying any of the GPU on that site.

My current motherboard has 2 separate PCIe 3.0 x16 slots. My current power supply is a Corsair TX550M and the tech specs state that it can support 2 PCIe Connectors, so I should be able to add a nVidia GPU to my system unless I'm reading that wrong.

Thank you for nVidia GPU recommendations. I will research these cards. For the 1080, did you mean the GTX 1080? Also, what are some of the better recommened manufacturers of nVidia GPU cards or is there not too much difference?

I'm looking to use hashcat for CTFs, so I'm not set a particular type of hash.