Simple Scan
Hi all!

I'm new to oclHashCat as i've just bought a ATI Radeon HD 5870 and have been using InsidePro's EGB but doesn't support ATI. I'm having great difficulty doing a basic scan with my wordlists. I just want to scan my wordlists with nothing added/changed.

Could someone show me a command line to do a basic scan with a wordlist?

Would be much appreciated as i've been trying all types of different things. Sad
OCLHC is designed for bruteforcing, mask and combination attacks.
It is not designed to run simple wordlist attacks.
Aww man! I'm gutted. Sad

Cheers for letting me know.
Street, best method for a simple dictionary attack is to use regular hashcat in dictionary mode. If your using windows it would be:
Code:
hashcat-0.30.exe hashlist.txt /dict

Where /dict contains all your dictionary files.

Likewise with oclhashcat you could do this:
Code:
oclHashcat.exe hashlist.txt -j ] -1 ?l?u?s?d?h dictionary.dic ?1
The -j ] removes the last character from your dictionary word, and the ?1 will add one character back on. This may find some hashes that aren't exactly in your dictionary but that should work without making things to difficult. Remember to use the --help command for the other command line options.

(11-22-2010, 04:47 AM)D3ad0ne Wrote: Street, best method for a simple dictionary attack is to use regular hashcat in dictionary mode. If your using windows it would be:
Code:
hashcat-0.30.exe hashlist.txt /dict

Where /dict contains all your dictionary files.

Likewise with oclhashcat you could do this:
Code:
oclHashcat.exe hashlist.txt -j ] -1 ?l?u?s?d?h dictionary.dic ?1
The -j ] removes the last character from your dictionary word, and the ?1 will add one character back on. This may find some hashes that aren't exactly in your dictionary but that should work without making things to difficult. Remember to use the --help command for the other command line options.

Thanks d3ad0ne, i'm gonna try that out.

You're pro! Big Grin
Works like a charm! Thank you d3ad0ne, you've made me happy! Big Grin
Or just use hashcat gui!
That's what I do as well. Whenever I want to use word lists I use the GUI and if I need to make changes to the list I write a rule to modify the list.
for single dictionary based attack use new oclHashcat+