GeForce 960
I am having an issues with the newest distro of hahscat and a HTPC that is currently running a GeForce 960.

When running my attack I get the following error:

ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 301

When seeing other threads in the fourms I see that it could be related to the cuda version. However both a older 660 Ti and this GTX 960 run the same verion (3.0) as per docs at: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

Any suggestions from the pros?
I'm no pro but you've said nothing about which versions you're using. GTX 960s work fine is the right software is in place.

Can you confirm you're using cudaHashcat v1.37 with "ForceWare 346.59 or later"? If not, go do that.
(09-28-2015, 12:01 AM)rico Wrote: I'm no pro but you've said nothing about which versions you're using. GTX 960s work fine is the right software is in place.

Can you confirm you're using cudaHashcat v1.37 with "ForceWare 346.59 or later"? If not, go do that.

Forceware is new to me. I have seen the term around so I guess I should figure out what it is so allow me to do that.

Currently I am running the newest version of Hashcat (1.37) with the newest nvidia driver for my card 355.98 ( had 353.x installed but tried a upgrade before coming here). Also on Windoze 7 64bit
301 almost always means you extracted the archive wrong, e.g. "7z e" instead of "7z x".

Forceware is just the old term for the Nvidia driver. It's actually not called that anymore, so we should probably update the page. Also 355.95 might be too new of a driver for cudaHashcat. 349 or 352 branch is recommended at this time.
If you're sure that you've used "7z x" and if you're on Linux, please strace the process. Maybe that GTX960 use a new SM_* version that is not yet included into the stable package.
960 should be sm52
(09-28-2015, 01:03 AM)epixoip Wrote: 301 almost always means you extracted the archive wrong, e.g. "7z e" instead of "7z x".

Forceware is just the old term for the Nvidia driver. It's actually not called that anymore, so we should probably update the page. Also 355.95 might be too new of a driver for cudaHashcat. 349 or 352 branch is recommended at this time.

Yes, this was my issue "7z e" instead of "7z x".

Thank you!