hashcat Forum

Full Version: Cloud GPU price(estimated) for NTLM hash type
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello forum

Since I do not own the required hardware to test even this relatively simple NTLM hash type, I am wondering how much the estimated costs of a cloud GPU could be....

- the password does consist in; a-zA-Z0-9 and (the following 3 chars) - _ & 
- max password length: 10 chars

-> 1,346,274,334,462,890,625 / 117,400,000,000 = 133 days of full time 24 hours per day cracking to go through them all.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Joe
(08-11-2022, 04:17 PM)joe123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello forum

Since I do not own the required hardware to test even this relatively simple NTLM hash type, I am wondering how much the estimated costs of a cloud GPU could be....

- the password does consist in; a-zA-Z0-9 and (the following 3 chars) - _ & 
- max password length: 10 chars

-> 1,346,274,334,462,890,625 / 117,400,000,000 = 133 days of full time 24 hours per day cracking to go through them all.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Joe

Let's say $0.40/USD/hour gets you 117GH/s NTLM, then your 133 days equals $0.40*24 hours*133 days= $1,276.80USD (adjust accordingly if you get a better or worse deal)

That's for the *worst* case, where the password is completely random *and* it happens to be the last combination in the entire keyspace. If the password is human generated it'll likely fall in minutes.
this is your third, fourth thread about the same topic

how or why do you know that the pass includes only these 3 special chars?

bruteforcing is the last method when trying to crack a hash, any password beyond length 9-10 is way to much for plain bruteforce all*, regardless which algorithm you choose (yeah yeah md4 maybe)

*given that only plain ascii was used, take into account german umlauts or french accent like äöü ê, you will never be able to crack a hash of a simple word like "öl" even with a mask of ?a?a?a?a?a?a because such chars doesnt belong to the standard charset

i believe you will waste money and time on this topic