hashcat Forum

Full Version: Search by part of the hash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I'm new, and therefore there are questions. Could you tell please, does the hashcat work with numbers (not text)? I need to pick up a cryptokey, this is a 72-digit hexadecimal number, there is a certain range of numbers, the starting number and a clear step that I need to look in in the range (each number 1++ of the range is not necessary, just with step++). Function is 2-tume SHA256. I know the part of the hash, the first 16 digits are known to me.
Could you tell please, is it possible to do this on a cat?
Hash certain numbers with a certain step and check only part of the hash (not all digits) for coincidence?
Sorry if the questions are stupid, I just found the program yesterday, I used to try to write at Python, it works very slowly
This cannot be done on a hashcat.
short answer no, hashcat cant search for partial hashes

next. hashcat can of course use numbers as input, but i dont get your point with 72 digit hexnumber, you mean 72 hex-chars? sha256 produces a hash of length 64
Thanks for answers, 
(02-26-2023, 10:31 AM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]short answer no, hashcat cant search for partial hashes

next. hashcat can of course use numbers as input, but i dont get your point with 72 digit hexnumber, you mean 72 hex-chars? sha256 produces a hash of length 64

Yes, I mean 72 hex-chars as input, and 64 chars length out, sorry for my English