hashcat Forum

Full Version: Metamask Module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I am trying to recover a password from my old metamask wallet, I have a hash and approximate password traits but they are all 4-6 characters, if I run a hashket with these passwords and the metamask module, will the module generate passwords of 8+ characters (minimum password in metamask) if not, how can I specify what minimum password the module should generate ?
If you have a password trait with 4-6 characters, you probably refer to the ending.
In such a case it often works best to use a hybrid attack (-a7), where you have a mask in the beginning and a list of commonly used endings for you.
In case your information about the ending is less certain, you could use a hybrid attack (-a) with a word list and a mask at the ending, e.g. "?d?d?d?s", "?d?d?d?d?s etc. assuming there is a special character at the end ?d

Another way would be to use a combinator attack, in any case, I suggest you read up on cominatoror and hybrid attacks or provide more information.
For if you only care about dropping password with lower than a minimum length, you can use, the reject rule:
Reject less <N Reject plains if their length is greater than N <G *
See Rules to reject plains:
https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rule_based_attack

Note that when attack fast hashes, often it is not worth it to use this rule since it might slow down the attack. In your case, simply try it with a small attack to see if it will save computation time or only will slow things down.