hashcat Forum

Full Version: Two questions about hash files and hybrid attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When doing an attack against a file with multiple hashes, does oclHashcat-plus do the whole wordlist (or mask) against one hash at the time or does it one word againt all hashes?

Also, is it possible to do a hybrid attack with masks prefixed and suffixed on a word? F. ex:

Code:
0000password0000 -
9999password9999
(09-08-2012, 10:29 PM)23732 Wrote: [ -> ]When doing an attack against a file with multiple hashes, does oclHashcat-plus do the whole wordlist (or mask) against one hash at the time or does it one word againt all hashes?

If its an unsalted algorithm it checks against all hashes at once.

(09-08-2012, 10:29 PM)23732 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is it possible to do a hybrid attack with masks prefixed and suffixed on a word? F. ex:

Code:
0000password0000 -
9999password9999

Yes, with multi-rules. Check the rules/hybrid folder for examples or even better, generate them with maskprocessor: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=rul...kprocessor
Thanks for the answers, going to use all night on reading up on and creating rules ;-)

EDIT: So to do prepended and appended, I'll have to do "^$1", "^$2", "^$1" etc. ?
(09-08-2012, 11:28 PM)23732 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answers, going to use all night on reading up on and creating rules ;-)

EDIT: So to do prepended and appended, I'll have to do "^$1", "^$2", "^$1" etc. ?
Not exactly. To prepend and append 1 to every wordlist, the rule would be
Code:
^1$1
or for more clarity
^1 $1

However, since you will probably want to do all the combinations, you would be better doing 2 separate rule files: one file with rules that prepends all numbers and one file that append all numbers. You then put both in your command line. -r rulefile1 -r rulefile2.

Tip: If you include also the rule : (which means no change) to both files, you will cover the following situations:
- wordlist without any changes to the word
- wordlist with prepend only
- wordlist with append only
- wordlist with both prepend and append.
Thanks for clearing that up to me :-)

I've made some rules, they're about 1,8GB each, but oclHashcat doesn't start cracking. Is it because the rulefiles are so big?
Yeah maybe. Make sure the sum of all rules is not > 500k. Tip: split them