hashcat Forum

Full Version: charset and unicode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have defined the following rules in a elli.rule file:
se€
sbß

my rule file is in UTF8.

When I use it I have the following errors for each line who has a special character in (unicode?):
Cannot convert rule for use on GPU in file rules/elli.rule in line 4: sbß
etc...

How to do to make it work ?
I need to add my "special" characters in the charset files from the charsets directory? How do i specify to oclhashcat to use the good charset?

Smile
(09-15-2012, 09:43 PM)ellipassword Wrote: [ -> ]I have defined the following rules in a elli.rule file:
se€
sbß

my rule file is in UTF8.

When I use it I have the following errors for each line who has a special character in (unicode?):
etc...

I need to add my "special" characters in the charset files from the charsets directory? How do i specify to oclhashcat to use the good charset?

Smile

try with maskprocessor or hashcatcpu + oclhc stdin

mp64.exe -1 ?ls?d | oclhashcat -r rules/ellie.rule
(09-15-2012, 09:43 PM)ellipassword Wrote: [ -> ]I have defined the following rules in a elli.rule file:
se€
sbß

my rule file is in UTF8.

etc...

Smile

UTF8 is not supported here since the switch is char-to-char not chat-to-2char.
Hashcat CPU has a table-lookup attack . I think that would be more appropriate for that case ..

see here http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=tabl...nner_guide
Thanks atom & ToXiC, I'm going to check that.
Will UTF8 be supported in the rules files in a next version ? Or it's not planned ? Smile
Not planned for rules, but for tables
shouldn't utf-8 work just as fine as ascii? Default garbage in, garbage out mentality?
(09-16-2012, 12:38 PM)undeath Wrote: [ -> ]shouldn't utf-8 work just as fine as ascii? Default garbage in, garbage out mentality?

Yeah i think you are talking about dictionary and in this case, yes, its like garbage in, garbage out since its working bytewise. Same applies to the s rule which is what this thread is about. So that means you can not replace 1 char with 2 chars since this changes the length.