hashcat Forum

Full Version: OSX 10.7.4 + hashcat 0.42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Is there anyone with skills on getting hashcat 0.42 to run under OSX 10.7.4? I keep hitting dead ends...

Thanks,
John
Your question is hardly revealing what your problem is. Try again with an error message.
(02-19-2013, 02:39 PM)radix Wrote: [ -> ]Your question is hardly revealing what your problem is. Try again with an error message.

Fair point. The specific error I get is "You can't open the application hashcat-cli64.app because the Classic environment is no longer supported."

I note the only .app appears to be a 64bit build - correct? I require a 32bit build which only appears to exist for Windows and Linux. Is one available somewhere?

Thanks,
John
32bit build? What processor does your mac have? I was under the impression that all mac's were 64bit capable since they switched to intel and never built a 32bit version.
(02-19-2013, 02:50 PM)radix Wrote: [ -> ]32bit build? What processor does your mac have? I was under the impression that all mac's were 64bit capable since they switched to intel and never built a 32bit version.

The original MacPros [(1,1) and (2,1)] had a 32bit EFI. They can happily run 10.7.x and with a dodgy patch/install be coaxed into 10.8 - but they are restricted to 32bit. The processors are all 64bit, but Apple decided not to release a 64bit EFI for them.

Yes I know, but it's here, it works and the replacements are *really* expensive. :-)

Thanks,
John
hmmm, alright. I'll take a look and see if we can get a working version for you in the next release.
(02-19-2013, 03:12 PM)radix Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm, alright. I'll take a look and see if we can get a working version for you in the next release.

Thanks Radix, It would be much appreciated!

Regards,
John
If you can hop on IRC and see if atom would be willing to give you a beta key so we can do some testing and make sure it's working. Would rather not do a blind release.
Hi,

That don't work for you Because you didn't use terminal for launching hashcat & you "Double_clic" on the app, is the reason why you have this error !!

Working perfectly on my Mac's...from 10.7.x to 10.8x

Hashcat is an Command line app !!

Regards,

Tony
(02-19-2013, 06:04 PM)tony Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

That don't work for you Because you didn't use terminal for launching hashcat & you "Double_clic" on the app, is the reason why you have this error !!

Working perfectly on my Mac's...from 10.7.x to 10.8x

Hashcat is an Command line app !!

Regards,

Tony

Not true, I also have a 32 bit version of OS X like JollyJohn, and even when trying to launch with terminal, I still got an error.
Pages: 1 2