hashcat Forum

Full Version: AMD-ATI driver a bit help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, this is my first post here (i was recomended to come here by md5decrypter forum)
so here it goes:

As you might know The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux 3.12 (as well as other Debian distros) are having serious trouble with the current Catalyst 13.251 installation as it doesn't even compile.

I managed to fix that (That patch can now be found anywhere)
Code:
--- kcl_acpi.c
+++ kcl_acpi.c
@@ -995,7 +995,11 @@
#endif
     {
         return KCL_ACPI_ERROR;
-    }    
+    }
+#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(3,9,1)
+    ((acpi_tbl_table_handler)handler)(hdr);
+#else
     ((acpi_table_handler)handler)(hdr);
+#endif
     return KCL_ACPI_OK;
}

But that wasn't enough. I kept getting this "deprecated" messages (that i know is not an error its self but still anoying)

Fixed that to by doing an (if im in the unpacked installation directory
Code:
echo 5 > ./packages/Debian/dists/etch/compat  
echo 5 > ./packages/Debian/dists/experimental/compat
echo 5 > ./packages/Debian/dists/lenny/compat
echo 5 > ./packages/Debian/dists/sid/compat

When i did that i figured there was a serious mistake in the Xorg server as The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)(mine at least)
had both the X11 and the X11R6 which means serious mistakes are going to happened

i fixed that as well
Code:
ln -s /usr/bin/X11  /usr/X11R6/bin
ln -s /usr/lib/X11  /usr/X11R6/lib64/X11

After that i still kept getting errors ...
Missing directories here , there just catastophic errors.
I dig into 1500 lines of code that brought me to ./ati-packager in debian distro which was probably just copied from the old version of drivers. So the errors were kinda like this one
Code:
cp: cannot stat `/home/My_name/Tools/AMD_Driver/fglrx-install.yX7BZQ/x710_64a/*': No such file or dir

Fixed it too ( if anyone is interested i can post the fixed code)

Then got into some serious mixed libraries..
one error is
Code:
error: couldn't find library libatiuki.so.1 needed by debian/fglrx-driver/usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so

It can be fixed with no problem since i know there is a libatiuki.so.1.0 in the installation directory
Code:
# change dir untill  in ./intallationdir/arch/x86_64/usr/lib64/
ln -s libatiuki.so.1.0 libatiuki.so.1
#change dir untill in ./intallationdir/arch/x86/usr/lib/
ln -s libatiuki.so.1.0 libatiuki.so.1

That fixed allot of problems but there are still some and im kinda tired and off to sleep.
the problem is
Code:
# previous code that probably succeded
dh_install
ldconfig -n usr/X11R6/lib/
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/bin/fgl*"      "usr/bin"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/bin/aticonfig" "usr/bin"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/sbin/atieventsd"     "usr/sbin"
dh_installman -pfglrx-driver "usr/share/man/man8/atieventsd.8"
# amd64 needs some library redirection
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/*.so*"           "usr/lib"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/dri"     "usr/lib"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/linux"   "usr/lib/xorg/modules"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/drivers" "usr/lib/xorg/modules"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/extensions" "usr/lib/xorg/modules"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/*.so"    "usr/lib/xorg/modules"
dh_install -pfglrx-driver "usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/*.a"     "usr/lib/xorg/modules"
dh_install: fglrx-driver missing files (usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/*.a), aborting
make: *** [binary] Error 255
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
+ EXIT_CODE=1
+ rm -rf /tmp/fglrx.fyOOzM
+ rm -f /tmp/pkg_build.out
+ exit 1

this is the debug of the ati-packager.sh

So still somewhere the libraries are not all in order.
Probably some symlinking needed. Any ideas are more than welcome

Cheers,
fruc
I tried this with philsmd, and we never got this to work then i switched to Ubuntu 13.10 64 bit and installed the BETA driver and it worked fine, then i just installed all of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)'s tools through Synaptic.

But we ended up with a solution for The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 64 BIT:

sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs fakeroot dh-make debhelper debconf libstdc++6 dkms libqtgui4 wget execstack libelfg0
sudo dpkg --get-selections | grep fglrx (If this gives any output then purge the package)
also:

install the linux headers.. (I don't remember name..)

Then: goto:

cd /usr
sudo ln -svT lib /usr/lib64

Symlink the libraries as you will encounter an error after the install involving this..

Then download and INSTALL the BETA BETA BETA BETA BETA Driver for catalyst **NOT THE NORMAL ONE THE BETA ONE**. The install should go fine and then do the following command:

aticonfig --initial -f --adapters=all

now reboot.. then it should work.

Download the new version of hashcat and run it.
Did u manage to install it with success ? And then just it didn't recognize the driver ?
Yes, (On Ubuntu 13.10 with the BETA it installed perfectly after following these steps, and perfect speed for hashcat Tongue).

The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) 64 should work as long as you update the kernel and insure you install the headers (make sure you use 64 bit and install the BETA).