hashcat Forum

Full Version: Error cuModuleLoad() 209
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I copied screen below. Perhaps there's a problem with my syntax, but it throws the subject error. I'm trying one NTLM hash in hashes.txt and using 8 characters, each of which is ?a. Thanks for some help for a noob!

C:\aaa\HashCat>cudahashcat64 -m 1000 -o output.txt hashes.txt -a 3 ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a?a
cudaHashcat v1.31 starting...

Device #1: GeForce GTX 480, 1536MB, 1401Mhz, 15MCU
Device #2: GeForce GTX 480, 1536MB, 1401Mhz, 15MCU
Device #3: GeForce GTX 480, 1536MB, 1401Mhz, 15MCU

Hashes: 1 hashes; 1 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 8 bits, 256 entries, 0x000000ff mask, 1024 bytes
Applicable Optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Precompute-Init
* Precompute-Merkle-Demgard
* Meet-In-The-Middle
* Early-Skip
* Not-Salted
* Not-Iterated
* Single-Hash
* Single-Salt
* Brute-Force
* Scalar-Mode
* Raw-Hash
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c
Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger set to 80c

ERROR: cuModuleLoad() 209
We had the same error few days ago with a different user. Which driver version is this?
Thanks. The driver is 337.88 (9.18.13.3788). I just tested, and it works okay with 1.21. I'm running 3x480GTs on win 7x64.
try again with latest driver please
Thanks. I'm afraid that it'll be a little while before I can test the latest drivers. The installation killed my video entirely. As my board (Asus P7P55) has no native video, I have some tearing apart to do to get my system back.
Hello, I have just updated hashcat because of the message that hashcat has been outdated.. and run into this error.

I am running 2xNvidia 755M on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux.
Driver version is 331.67

yes - I have correctly extracted 7z archive.

The only idea I see for now, is to disassemble old hashcat, to make it skip that version check.

Please, help how to fix this problem.
please try again with latest forceware driver
Got email from OP:

Quote:yes, installing latest nvidia driver helped. nvidia-current(331.67) from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) reps is too old, so probably you need to update info on the website, that user needs later driver version.