hashcat Forum

Full Version: oclhashcat32 how to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

please excuse my newbie question but I am trying to get hashcat to decrypt a MD5 Unix encrypted password but I simply don't understand what to do.

I get to open Hashcat32 via CMD. So far my achievement. I am not a total nebie to computers but CMD is a bit in the dark for me.

I want this encrypted hash be solved by mask attack. What is the exact line I should use in Hashcat CMD?

The password probably starts with one capital letter followed by a few letters and ending by one or more numbers.

Any help on this would be extremely welcome as I am very desperate to decrypt this thing.

TIA
until someone kind enough to post the cli comes by I will point you to the wiki https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=mask_attack and the output of --help
Thnak you. As by magic I somehow managed to get it to work... Let's see if it will bring me the promised result.
If you're unsure feel free to post your command line to get confirmation.
(01-14-2015, 08:40 PM)undeath Wrote: [ -> ]If you're unsure feel free to post your command line to get confirmation.

Will do as soon as the run has ended.