hashcat Forum

Full Version: WinZip in version 3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for the WinZip support in the latest version. Does that include legacy (ZipCrypto) encryption as well?

If so, I must not have it setup correctly. The output of every Zip2John program I have tried does not match the sample hash.
yeah, currently only the newer winzip format is supported (the more difficult one to crack).
At the risk of bringing up a sore subject, any plans to add the legacy format now that the more difficult one is in place? I know it has been asked about on these forums and the old trac before.
How can I extract the hash from an encrypted WinZip archive?
You need to use "zip2john"
(07-04-2016, 12:47 PM)atom Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use "zip2john"

Is there a community approved python script or .exe of zip2john that we should be using? All the ones I have tried produce output that does not match the example hash from the wiki.

I checked Magnum's github but did not see zip2john?
That's the correct one, but make sure not all zip versions are supported. Maybe you run into a zip version that is not supported.
Is there any way for extracting the hash of a Winzip file? I have been researching for hours and I haven't found a single thing that helps! Is it really so hard? I am on a Windows system and have no idea on how to install the sources containing the zip2john. In Ubuntu Linux I have some idea on how to compile C programs by gcc but in Windows I don't know a thing! Why is there such a lack of documentation?
We're too lazy to write documentation
Any change in the plans to implement the older PKZIP algorithm too?  Or still a "bucket of nope"? Smile