hashcat Forum

Full Version: gtx 1080 FE, but which manufacturer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so which one to buy?
EVGA, PNY, ASUS, ZOTAC gtx1080 FE?
thanks
It doesn't matter, as long as it's FE it should be the same.
(10-27-2016, 08:50 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter, as long as it's FE it should be the same.

for some reason jodler303 reported that pny are throttling , and did not update (yet) why..
https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-5909-po...l#pid31676
(10-28-2016, 01:15 PM)kiara Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2016, 08:50 PM)Xanadrel Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't matter, as long as it's FE it should be the same.

for some reason jodler303 reported that pny are throttling , and did not update (yet) why..
https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-5909-po...l#pid31676

Yes, this is actually holding up a purchase for me as I was about to buy some PNYs when he reported this.

Is there someone else using PNY 1080 FE's that can confirm they aren't seeing throttling issues?
i am receiving mine in couple of days , i did order them before he mention that so i guess i will need to check that myself
i will have to setup a whole rig so after i do get them it will take me couple of days to test them out and bring some reports hopefully everything will be fine
Looking forward to hearing what you find!
(10-28-2016, 10:39 PM)pragmatic Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to hearing what you find!

for sure there is nothing wrong about the pny, please don't put too much weight on that. there is a reason why i've had removed that hint from my post, i didn't want to irritate people. as there might have been be several reasons for that single one card to be slightly throttling and i only have 1 pny, i can't tell for sure wheter it's related to that single individual card or related to position, air flow, whatever. - so far i didn't feel like re-assembling my box to really find out the exact reason since the throttling was very low and with bcrypt i don't see any throttling at all on any card. - that's why i never came up with an update and never felt like investigating further.

for bcrypt the pny and zotac are performing equally good, no throttling at all.  (offset +200, temps 50-57, fans 100%, *no* additional fans, normal ambience room temp)
Thanks for the reply jodler, that's good to know.