hashcat Forum

Full Version: dash/darkcoin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found an old dash / darkcoin wallet. Does hashcat support dash wallets? If so, how do I pull the hash from it? Or can I just point hashcat at the wallet?
Hashcat does not directly support Darkcoin/Dash from what I can tell, though if the wallet/coin is Core-derived, it may still be possible assuming they haven't messed with the KDF. Will need to do some more research before I can say for sure. I have other tools that can support them, just not Hashcat currently.
It seems to work on latest Dash Core wallet. Made new dummy wallet with a password of all zeros. The following command found it.

./hashcat64.bin -m 11300 -a 3 ../wallet.txt ?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d?d

To pull the hash I had to to use the attached script (wallet.py). I barely know python, can someone look at the script and see if it does anything malicious?
The script you have is fine to use, but if you care, it's using some of the same code as BTCRecover's extract script, found here: https://github.com/gurnec/btcrecover/tre...ct-scripts