hashcat Forum

Full Version: [ANSWERED] New user, custom brute force help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm a beginner at hashcat, and I'm looking for some help setting up a custom brute force rule.

It's fairly simple although I have no idea how to set it to only try those strings though.
I already know the string I'm looking for exists out of exactly 10 characters and only capital letters and numbers

So I want to brute force but only with those standards set.
Any help is appriciated,

Thanks.
hashcat -a3 -m<whatever it is> <hashfile> -1 ?d?u ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1 

The -1 says to use a custom charset and the charset we are using is only digits (?d) and uppercase (?u) Then we use the ?1 10 times because you said the password is exactly 10 characters.
What would the "-m<whatever it is>" be then?
(05-10-2018, 07:47 PM)AaronKek Wrote: [ -> ]What would the "-m<whatever it is>" be then?

Depends on the hash you're trying to crack. Use this to find it: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=example_hashes
Last question;
How long do you think this would take to crack using a single high end graphics card?
What is the hash-mode you're using?
(05-12-2018, 12:16 AM)h1430210 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the hash-mode you're using?

What if you want to try every combination with UP TO 10 digits? how would you do it? Including "@" "#" and "$" "lowercase" and "uppercase" Thanks
cryptozin, please don't hijack threads. If you have a different question, please start a new thread.
(05-12-2018, 03:56 PM)royce Wrote: [ -> ]cryptozin, please don't hijack threads. If you have a different question, please start a new thread.

Ok, sorry man !

My mistake.
For 10 digits using no numbers, uppercase letters, lowercase letters, @, #, and $,
You would use

hashcat -a 3 -m<whatever it is> <hashfile> -1 ?l?u@#$ ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
Pages: 1 2